Release Notes for Url Rewriter
This page contains the release notes for the Managed Fusion URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy which can be downloaded from our download section. If you have any questions please feel free to use the contact form.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
- Breaking Change Configuration in the web.config has been reorganized.
- Major rewrite to the URL Rewriter to provide better performance and more reliable logging.
- Major update to the proxy handler, it is much faster, and provides an exact duplication of headers from the proxied server.
- Fixed many issues with the chunked encoding, so you are now able to proxy web based services, such as SVN.
- Full rewrite of the rule, condition, and flag handling system to provide better performance and more flexibility for developers.
- More extensibility points have been created for developers interested in creating their own handlers for rules, conditions, and flags.
- More extensive testing of internal mechanics of the rewriter.
- Added thread safety to the Apache rule set refresh.
- Added initial support for Microsoft UrlRewriter IIS 7 module, this will provided a starting point for extension of the Microsoft configuration to support proxying and other more advanced Apache features.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
- Major update to the proxy handler, it is not much faster, and provides an exact duplication of headers from the proxied server.
- Added full support for $N and %N support in conditions and rules now.
- Added contexts for condition, rule, and ruleset to make transfer of common data easier for implementations of the API.
- Added split between async and sync proxy handler, this can now be controlled through the web.config using useAsyncProxy.
- Fixed issue with transfer-encoding: chuncked.
Thrusday, November 6, 2008
- Added support for RewriteCond backreferences: These are backreferences of the form %N (1 <= N <= 9), which provide access to the grouped parts (again, in parentheses) of the pattern, from the last matched RewriteCond in the current set of conditions.
- Updated the logging output to be more readable.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
- Added support for nosubreq or NS flag from the original mod_rewrite specification, this only works in IIS 7.0.
- Fixed a bug that poped up relating to cookies when dealing with the reverse proxy.
- Fixed an issue where the Location header on a reverse proxy response wasn't getting rewritten according to the proxy rule.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
- Fixed a limitation for the proxy where the number of cookies were limited to the original number received.
- Fixed an issue where IIS 7.0 wasn't able to create a proxy request.
Monday, June 23, 2008
- Fixed an issue where certain rules, in the rewriter, created a loop in the logic, this effect IIS 7.0 only.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
- Advancements have been made so that alternate RuleSets (i.e. XML) can be used in the future.
- Async Proxy requests are now supported.
- Fixed problem with encoding of the Cookies in proxy requests.
- Windows 2008 and Vista SP1 have been verified to work.
Monday, February 18, 2008
- Fixed bug where the domain of the cookie wasn't being password correctly during a Proxy Request.
Friday, February 1, 2008
- Fixed bug with content-type check failure for the form tag rewriting filter.
- Created a more robust form filter for rewriting the action property on the form element.
- Fixed a couple minor bugs reported by users.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
- Url Rewriter doesn't require a purchased copy for unlimited use. It is now donation ware.
- Added support for modules.
- Added support for adding special HTTP headers to the response through the use of the H or header rule flag.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
- Fixed a bugs relating to special conditions (-d, -f, -F).
- Added proxy rule flag.
- Proxy and Reverse Proxy is now full supported through the use of the P or proxy RewriteCond rule flag.
- IIS 7.0 intigrated pipes is now fully supported.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
- Fixed issue with raw URL not getting rendered correctly.
- Fixed redirect so that a realtive URL is used if the domains are the same.
- Special conditions (lexicographically precedes, follows, and equal, -d, -f, -s, -l, -F, -U) are now supported in CondPattern.
- Application level rules are now supported, through the LoadApplicationRules and RefreshApplicationRules events in RewriterModule.
- Intigrators can now use Application level rules with out needing to purchase a license. This grants intigrators Unlimited rules for processing requests.
- RewriteBase is now fully supported.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
- Running in a medium trust environment is now supported.
- ornext is now supported for RewriteCond.
- RewriteLog and RewriteLogLevel is now supported.
- Web.config section is changed to align with standards.
Monday, August 24, 2007
- This is the initial release.
- Support for Apache mod_rewrite rules including RewriteEngine, RewriteCond, RewriteRule, and RewriteBase.
- Support for IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0, Intigrated ASP.NET Development Server in Visual Studio 2005 and 2008, Mono XPS Server.
- Support for .NET 2.0 and Mono.
- Works with any .NET hosting environment, including GoDaddy, WebHost4Life, and numerous others that allow you to define your own web.config file.